From:
Gordon Bengtson CI-ASMEL <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Nov 2005 09:06:24 -0500
Ferrets like hidy holes so I made a box of wood, painted inside and out,
and lined the inside with carpet.  A hole was drilled with a hole saw
made for door knobs, a bit small even with the largest size used but this
seems to work fine.

The removable top is held up from a tight seal by 4 screw heads that
allow a small bit of air to circulate.  This is good where RePete loves
this place and will get in there dragging what ever he can find to plug
the entrance hole up making his hide away sealed from drafts and all.

Being single I can do things usually not known in a 'family' domicile, my
socks and under shorts are sometimes left on the floor in the living room
where I removed them.  I noticed my stash of under shorts and socks were
a bit shy in numbers and thought the dryer had eaten them.

In fact, RePete had them all in his hidy hole!  Argh!  This I learned
when I heard this digging from inside the box.  RePete was in there and
could not get out where he had plugged the entrance hole so tight by
pulling things into the entrance hole he could not get out!  Ha!

After pulling this wad of clothes out so he could get out I took the top
off and WHAMMO !!!!  There were all the missing clothes!  I know, he was
guarding them so the dryer couldn't sneak out in the night to ingest my
undies and sox!

What a guy!

Gordon, Pete and RePete