Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sun, 5 Mar 2006 10:16:26 -0800
From:
Debbie Hunton <[log in to unmask]>
Oh, that's perfect!  It's such a great combination.  I hope no one minds
me sharing my otter and squirrel stories... (BIG, feel free to leave this
out, if it's too OT)

A number of years ago, shortly after my in-laws first babysat my ferrets,
their fishpond was invaded by an otter.  My mother-in-law wanted it shot
so it would stop eating her fish.  So, there was my father-in-law with
his gun waiting for the critter to appear.  It did, and he sighted it
down the barrel.  Then it looked right at him, and it looked so much like
my little ones that he couldn't bring himself to pull the trigger.
Thankfully, the otter left, and all was well.  But my little ones saved
that otter's life.

Last weekend, one of the people I work with called me over to a window
in the office.  There was a squirrel burying and unburying a piece of
pine bark.  I was strongly reminded of my little ones digging in their
box of shredded paper.  Then the squirrel jumped up and pounced on the
bark piece, grabbed it with all four paws and rolled over and over.  The
jump-and-pounce looked just like part of a ferret wardance!  It was
hilarious!

So, as far as I am concerned, otter-squirrel is a perfect combination of
animals to describe a ferret!

Debbie H