From:
Kelly O'Neal <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 May 2006 13:42:11 -0500
I have a female ferret, Molly she is 1 and 1/2 years old, in the past
3-4 months I have noticed that her tail hair has thinned out and became
bristly feeling, the rest of her fur is soft and feels normal, she is 1.3
lbs.  You can see her skin on the tail I looked closely at it and there
is dark spots on it almost looks like dried blood colored, I have a vet
appointment for her they are not very familiar with ferrets but said that
they would do a scraping and test it, there is not many vets in my area
that are familiar with ferrets so I am wondering if anyone has had this
happen to thier ferrets or has heard of anything like this????

Sincerely Kelly,
mother of 5 ferrrets, 3 females Ferrah, Jackie, Molly and 2 males Bandit
and Sammy.