From:
Risa Di Vincenzo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Jan 2006 19:31:56 -0500
I here solemnly and a bit regretfully declare that I have joined the
prestigious few in the TPO club.

I will tell you the sad event as it just unfolded.  It's my birthday.  I
changed into a cozy outfit suitable for a relaxing evening at home with
a friend who is on his way over.  I came in to give Mikette her soup and
meds (thinking it might have been better to give them before changing,
but hey - a little spilled mush kibble never hurt anyone).  I picked up
my hefty little Mikette telling her that it was her Momma's birthday and
that she was my best gift (her health has been compromised for awhile,
so her presence is not taken for granted).  As I settled her on my lap,
balancing with the soup, I told her she had a birthday too and how great
it was that she was 7.  It was just after this moment as I sat reflecting
and watching her eat that I heard a little hiss sound, first I thought
she was in pain but I quickly realized the rear location of the hiss
sound.  I peeked behind her and saw what was about to happen.  Then a
rookie mistake, I tried to move her (and the soup) quickly (without
spilling said soup).  Well, instead of a pleasant pile of poop, I got a
whole dash of it across my thigh, and a matching dash of soup on my
other thigh.  Happy birthday to me.

Well Petey TPO, at least I know I'm in good company!  But I think I'll
just go by Risa.