Date:
Wed, 11 Jan 2006 09:47:29 -0500
Ardith <[log in to unmask]> wrote on 1/11/2006, 2:31 AM:
Dawn, perhaps I am being over sensitive, but I fail to see the humor.
Had the same circumstances involved a ferret, dog, cat, would you still
think it is too funny?

As it turns out, the story may not even be true.  For complete
information, see:

    http://www.snopes.com/media/notnews/mousefire.asp

The short version is, while the man, Luciano Mares, first claimed the
mouse was alive when he threw it into the fire, he later told KOAT-TV
in Albuquerque that the mouse was dead when it hit the burning leaves.
The flames, he said, probably reached his house because they were driven
by high winds.

However, the next day he reverted to the original story.  He may have
liked the attention it was bringing him.

So, at this time the truth is still unknown, but there is some doubt
about the original story.

--
Danee DeVore
International Ferret Congress Health Issues Coordinator

›Moderator's note: Not to mention, no matter what the real story is,
he couldn't be too bright burning *anything* in such an uncontrolled
fashion during "unseasonably dry and windy conditions".  BIG|