Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Wed, 25 Jan 2006 17:47:28 EST
From:
Rebecca Stout <[log in to unmask]>
Hi Gerri.  I can't remember if I've had luck in getting money back for
deaf ferrets, but I did have tremendous luck in getting top dollar
surgeries on a MF "defective" kit.  I was not lucky on JL even when the
kit died within a few months of age.  Their contention is the "defect"
has to be genetic, or caused by them (a botched spay or something).  That
is what their guarantee says (in fact, I'm not even sure that the print
reads anything other than genetic causes ... but they were still good
honoring it with me).

If your kit is truly deaf, call the vet that saw her again.  Tell him.
Or if you can afford it, bring her to another vet who will put it in
writing.  The last time I've dealt with MF was several years ago.  The
customer service person was named Rosemary.  She was extremely helpful
(but strict).  I've heard of mixed results about MF and their refunds
over the years on deaf ferrets although I"m not sure if they were all
with the same CS rep.  I've heard of everything form half off, refund
by way of merchandise from the store, and cash refund.  I know that the
last I heard from other FML'ers a couple years back was they were getting
pretty consistent in giving full refunds back on deaf kits and letting
you keep the kit.  It's a shame, because if that original vet would have
written that she was in a poorly state, plus deaf, I bet you could have
gotten her refunded, plus vet care paid for.  All you can do is try.
Don't expect anything ... and if something comes out of it, it'll be a
pleasant surprise for you (icing on the cake).

I'm really sorry that this happened.  It sounds so pathetic and sad.
I'm glad that you did purchase her.  I purchased a kit that was deaf and
seemed "healthy" to vets, but in my gut I knew something was "off".  She
was the one that died of JL.  I have no regrets and am ever so grateful
that she came to me, rather than someone who would have let her waste
away, etc.

Wolfy

http://www.wolfysluv.com
Sean and Rocky Slide show