From:
"Barbara A. Hoult (aka Gustafson)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Jan 2006 09:24:53 -0700
Hi Kate

I am the president and a co-founder of the Alberta Ferret Society.  The
AFS is a non-profit charitable organization that operates a shelter and
rescue for ferrets in Alberta since 1997.  All of the ferrets that we
receive are fostered in members homes until a permanent adoptive homes
can be found.  While in foster care the AFS pays all the maintenance
and medical costs.  We have rescued over 700 ferrets to date.

We have operating centres in Calgary and in Edmonton so if your friend
is able to bring the ferret as far as Alberta we would be happy to take
her in and find her a new home.
<http://www.albertaferretsociety.com/>

Barbara Hoult
AFS President