From:
Regina Badriya Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Jan 2006 12:51:25 -0500
I don't know how widely believed this one is, but it made my jaw drop,
when after 11 years of ferret ownership in two different countries I
thought I'd heard them all...

My husband and I were sitting with Seti in the Angell Memorial Animal
Hospital waiting room (in Boston, MA), waiting for Seti's rabies shot
appointment.  Generally in the waiting room we find ourselves playing
ferret ambassador (in between fending off all the poorly restrained dogs,
but that's another post for another time), which if the ferret isn't
there for an emergency is just fine.  A woman sitting on the other side
of the waiting room was calling out questions to us about Seti, the usual
sorts of things like what do they eat, are they friendly, etc.  But then
she came out with: "Do they have legs?"

I swear my jaw dropped.  My husband collected himself more quickly to say
yes, ferrets do have legs, while I mutely held Seti up so that she could
see that he did indeed have four legs.  We were very polite, but boy did
we and the vet get a good laugh about that one when we went in for our
appointment :-)

Regina and the four-legged wonder boys
Seti:  "Of course I have legs!  How else would I climb up on the couch?"
Ronan:  "Of course I have legs!  How else would I get to the food dish?"

Regina Harrison  [log in to unmask]
http://users.rcn.com/badriya/

"Is that my business?  Well, what is my business?  Do I know?  Did I ever
know?  Let's not go into that.  You're not human tonight, Marlowe.  Maybe
I never was or ever will be... Maybe we all get like this in the cold
half-lit world where always the wrong thing happens and never the right."
--Raymond Chandler, The Little Sister