Date:
Fri, 22 Nov 1991 16:16:48 EST
This is along the line of ferrets being released in New Zealand:
I have heard (quite recently) that there may be something like this done
in the Mid-West with ferrets to help reduce the number of prairie dogs
that are out and about.

[If they found a big juicy prairie dog colony, they wouldn't waste it
on domestic ferrets, they'd reserve it for Black Footed Ferrets.  I've
heard that there are one or two experiments going on right now with
reintroducing BFF's into colonies that have been found or "cultivated".
(BFF's are almost extinct because there are virtually no major prairie
dog colonies left)]

Probably just some WILD rumor eh?

Michelle