Date:
Wed, 11 Jan 2006 07:50:40 -0500
I have a ferret that had adrenal surgery about 10mo ago and he grew most
of his hair back within a few weeks(tail never really came back much).
He had only lost it on his tail, over the shoulder blades and backs of
rear legs.  His left and the most they could take of his right were
removed and he has done great ever since.  I have now noticed in the past
few weeks that he really has not developed his winter coat and has a few
thin spots.  I don't mind a hairless ferret but I was wondering if this
is normal or something to be concerned about????  Should he be on lupron
since they are unable to remove any more of the right side.  I believe if
I remember correctly it is because it is too close to the vena cava.

Thank you