From:
"Hay, Damon N Mr ACLC" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Jan 2006 12:26:10 -0600
Last Saturday I went into the Pet Source pet store in Enterprise, Alabama
(located in the strip mall behind Ruby Tuesdays) to look around and the
conditions were unconscionable.  They had three ferrets in a cage that
was full of feces, had no bedding for them, no water, and no food.  They
were trying to sleep in one of the litter boxes as there was no other
area in the cage that was clean.

I complained immediately and the attendant stopped talking to his buddy
and came and gave them water.  He told me they had knocked over their
food and this is why there wasn't any, but this was a lie as there was no
turned over food anywhere in the cage.  I guess he didn't think I could
see well enough to know he wasn't telling me the truth.

I waited 5 min but he disappeared in the back and I never saw him bring
any food.

At this point I got so disgusted that it was better for me to leave.

I've called the police/animal control and they are to visit the place
today and will call me on Wednesday.

Animal control called me back and informed me one of the police dept.
employees had been in the store in the last week or so and when they
overheard the phone conversation they came forward to add their name
to the complaint.  I have no idea why they waited until someone else
complained since they work out of the police dept. but at least they
came forward.

If any of you are in this area I urge you to view/visit this place and
to likewise complain if you agree as to the deplorable shape the animals
are kept.

Let me say these conditions are not limited to just the ferrets, all the
animals I observed there were in likewise living conditions.

If I'd had the money (they want $120 per ferret) I'd have bought all
three of these little ones, two of which looked to be in not the best
of shape.

I wish I could get these babies away from these people.

Any help of assistance in this matter will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Weezz