From:
Alison Ross <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Jan 2006 08:12:41 -0500
When Carl started getting really itchy and then developed a small mast
cell tumor, I was advised to change what I used to wash my fuzzies
bedding.  It made a huge difference!

I now use 1 cup baking soda instead of any soap powder and 1 cup white
vinegar in the rinse instead of fabric softener.  I then dry everything
without dryer softener sheets.

I had my doubts that this would actually clean the bedding, but it does.
The smell is just 'fresh'.

I also added more oils to their diet - they get ferretone mixed 50/50
with a good olive oil every day now as a treat.

Result?  Almost no frantic itching and Carl's mast cell reaction has
gone.

Squeak could also have become allergic to your floor cleaner, what you
clean the cage with, something like that.

Good Luck!

Alison