From:
".:. Lin .:." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Jan 2006 03:13:09 -0500
More un-informedness ahead.  I really do despise people sometimes.  I
just had to rant and share my experience, because I seem to run into
them a lot nowadays.

I made a little post on a classifieds site warning people about owning
ferrets (not really warning, just informing people about their care and
so on, and also about giving up ferrets and other animals for free),
about how they are not the same as a cat or a dog, and a lady replied to
me the following:

Why are you scaring people.  Ferrets are not any more difficult than a
cat ot dog.  Any I have been looking for a companion for mine for
sometime and am having a hard time.  No, I wont pay for one.  If I pay
for one I will go to petco and get another baby.  Our Ferret is very
well cared for.  You must have a bunch your wanting to sell.

Later I replied, and then she came back with this:

I think I probably know more than you and I'm not trying to promote any
club.  I am not going to a rescue that gets people to give them up for
free and than charges more than the pet store.  Another know it all with
a club.  O-BOY.

I had to rant somewhere, and people like this just get on my every last
nerve!  This lady clearly knows nothing about owning ferrets and the
ferret community in general!

--
Lin
Seiko, Nanoki, Yukina, and Nadienka (the ferts)

No one in the world needs a mink coat but a mink. - Murray Banks
Animals can communicate quite well.  And they do.  And generally
speaking, they are ignored.  - Alice Walker
If a ferret bites you it is nearly always your own fault. - Phil Drabble
Hunt each other - leave the animals alone.