From:
mike morrett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Nov 2005 14:31:45 -0500
The USDA/APHIS deadline is this Friday the 18th.  We have been reviewing
the public comments and are rather disappointed in the lack of personal
comments posted from ferret clubs, shelters, breeders, and other high
profile individuals in the ferret community.  Yes, there are many AFA
forms letters that have been completed and this is a great step toward
passing this legislation but personal comments go so much farther.  We
are now approaching the deadline and many negative responses are being
submitted by the commercial community.  Your personal responses are
needed to counteract the negative comments.  It is too late to draft a
letter and mail it in.  However, there is still time to send in your
email.

Please take time and read some of the great comments many people have
submitted.  I am sure this will motivate several of you to put pen to
paper.

The web address is http://www.regulations.gov/

From the pull down menu go to Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service.
Go to the second pull down menu and click proposed rules.  Type in the
word ferret in the third box and that will take you to the APHIS comment
site.

Folks, the opportunity to change the laws for the betterment of ferrets
is a very rare occurrence.  Further, the IFC has done a tremendous amount
of work behind the scenes most of you are unaware of to make this rule
change possible.  Let their efforts not be lost.

Please help save our baby ferrets.

Mike & Arita Morrett
Savannah Lakes Ferretry

[Moderator's note: It's not to late to mail them in -- I hear it's the
postmark date that determines submission validity.   BIG]