From:
colburns <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Sep 2005 12:13:16 -0400
Dear Roary-

Now, at forty years of age, I finally understand why men generally stand
to accomplish certain limited goals, when it takes less energy to sit and
does not endanger the dignity of the floor or bathmat.  It is simply less
confusing for you.  I don't say this to knock you, just to note, once
again, that men and women are different.  We each have our relative
strengths and weaknesses.

If I ever decide to take an algebra book into the bathroom with me, it
will be to tear the pages out one by one to test them for strength and
absorbancy, not to contemplate cube roots, or how Kepler might have
derived his three laws of planetary motion.

I think now, I also understand why ferret mommies wear briefs, not
boxers.  It is much harder for ferrets to use briefs as hammocks.

When mine try, I simply toss the offending weasel into the laundry basket
with a practiced flip of my shin, (think lever, ancient Greek geometry)
and continue the mental multitasking that characterizes the ladies room
experience for the majority of ladies.  (What's for dinner?  Do I have
enough oregano for that?  Did I put the casserole pan in the dishwasher?
How much longer will the baby sleep?  Did I pay the phone bill?  How much
is left in the checking account?  How much gas is in the car?  Do I have
enough cash left for the rest of the week if I don't go shopping until
payday?  MEMO:Hubby wants Cool Ranch Doritos this time, not the regular.)

We, of course...*ahem* ...do all of that without a TEXTBOOK.

Alexandra in MA
MEMO: Make another pitcher of iced tea. Saves time.