From:
"Audrey L." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Sep 2005 18:56:30 -0400
Hi folks,

My dear boy Berlin has a very large tumor in his abdomen - on x-rays it
looks almost like he has a third kidney, and the tumor is huge.  Our vet
really doesn't want to do surgery because Berlin is already in a weakened
state.  So we've (mostly) decided to go with a Lupron shot and some
liquid melatonin, and keep him as comfortable as we can.

My question to all, however, is that he really isn't showing any signs of
being adrenal.  He does have a fat belly, but it's just that - fat (he
went through a very deep depression when his buddy passed about 3 months
ago, and would just lay around instead of playing).  He doesn't have any
hair loss to speak of.  The only thing I can tell is different is his
smell.

Is there such a thing as atypical adrenal?  That is, not really showing
signs and you wouldn't know it if it weren't for and x-ray or ultrasound.
We were praying it was just a hairball....

Please keep Berlin in your prayers all.  He is one of the most beautiful,
big, bright-eyed boys you'll ever see.

--
FMHugs,
Audrey