From:
Troy Lynn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Nov 2005 09:09:08 -0600
O.k. everyone, now is the time to make this a very special christmas for
needy little ones.  Please pick a fuzzie or two off the giving tree and
be their santa - http://www.mkaresq.com/ShelterFerretsGivingTree.htm

I'm thankful for all those that help these precious little beings.  I
usually make a small Thanksgiving meal but this year it will be pumkin
pie only - that's what the fuzzies like, and me too.

Has everyone sent their Angel list to Judy?  I'm guessing there will be
shelter people picked as Angels, but please don't forget those that help
ferrets and aren't shelter operators.  Many times an angel works quietly
behind the scenes, so this year please let those angels know they are
appreciated too.  And don't forget your ferret veterinarian.

Don't forget when you do your shopping on-line for the holidays to go
through IGIVE so the charity of your choice gets a donation.  If you
aren't sure if your charity is listed you can do a search on their site
to see if it is.  wwww.igive.com

Our group is doing well for the conditions they are in.  They sure are
eating a lot of recipes (I make four different kinds).  I told them the
other day I don't have fuzzies, I have piggies and toads!  We do have
terminal and critical little ones but they are holding their own.  Minge
has cardio and kidney failure and is 8 or older.  Snoopy has kidney
failure and needs to be syringe fed and enticed to eat - she doesn't have
use of her back legs at all so she pulls herself out of her bed to go to
the bathroom then pulls herself back in with her front legs - she's older
but we don't know her age since she was passed around a few times before
joining our family.  Buster has insulinoma, is 2nd time adrenal, kidney
failure, and 8 yrs old.  Please think good thoughts for these precious
little ones.

Leo joined us awhile back.  He was turned in to the dog/cat shelter for
aggression.  He bit one of the attendants and was quarantined for 10 days
before joining our family.  Leo is a large fluffy DEW that is totally
deaf.  He is young, about 2, and full of it.  He doesn't have playing
manners - he plays very rough and when someone gets ticked at him and
fusses at him he gets mad and starts a fight.  Each day he picks a fuss
with Estie who readily poofs him.  She's tiny but can hold her own.  He
often smells like poof in the mornings.  He does spend some time in a
cage when he picks on those that he needs not to.  He's so fast I have
trouble catching him at times.  He's very skitzy.  He's learning but
needs gentle reminders along the way.

I'll be off-line till Monday.  Four full days off to spend with the
fuzzies.  I have Cheyenne and Jasper scheduled for melatonin implants on
Friday but the other days I plan to lock myself inside and enjoy the time
with the ferrets.  If anyone needs me, please call me, 1-785-456-8337.

Happy Thanksgiving to all!
Troy Lynn (aka tle)
www.ferretfamilyservices.org