From:
Claire Curtis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Nov 2005 09:13:28 -0500
On Nov 1, 2005, at 3:00 AM, Audrey wrote:
>if youse be needing polish to english translation tools, you can go to
> http://www.worldlingo.com/en/resources/polish_dictionaries.html

I've used http://www.freetranslation.com/ a lot -- it's very good.  It
seems to know more words than other sites I've tried.  Babelfish is
another translation site I have bookmarked; you can set it to do a
whole website.  http://world.altavista.com/babelfish/tr

>(btw, i'm from western MA and spent quite a bit of time in downeast ME,
>and never did see the "yawl" spelling.

That's because a "yawl" is a boat with two masts-- if you were downeast,
you most certainly saw several of them.  A similar boat is called a
"ketch", but the masts are set a little differently.  The "mizzen" is the
sail in the back.  (I realize you know, because of your comment about it
being "a different kind of ya'll", but it occurred to me that the 'folks
from away' may be a mite confuzzled.)

Bringing things back to ferrets -- I'm wondering, a few people have
mentioned taking their fuzzies on board ship.  How do you keep them on
board?  Whether by carelessness (a dance step in the wrong direction) or
investigation (can I dig here like I do in the water bowl?).  I'd think a
dunk in the drink would be nearly inevitable.  Do you keep them tethered?
Keep them below?  Put them in life jackets?  How do you manage seagoing
ferrets?

--Claire