From:
DOOK-WOOF-DOOK <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Sep 2005 12:10:06 -0400
Ok, rest assure everyone, any purchases you make from me does not go into
my dog breeding or Ferret breeding.  First of all, it costs me nothing to
make my kids nor does it cost anything for my dogs or ferrets to mate,
when I choose to do that.  Mating is free the last time I did it.  I have
only bred two litters of kits, which hardly makes me a mass breeder of
ferrets.  My last litter of ferrets was in June of 2004.  My dog's vet is
Silver Maple (which is on my web page), my breeding ferret's vet is
Silver Maple (for the one emergency C-Section we had).  My rescue vet is
Horsham Vet Clinic.  They do occasionally see our personal ferrets, and
that is a separate account.  Horsham Vet Clinic and Silver Maple are not
affiliated with each other, plus they are 56 miles difference between the
two, which I do believe should qualify as keeping personal things (like
dog/ferret breeding) and my shelter things separate.  If that separation
is not good enough for you Laura, then so be it.

My breeding stock, meaning dogs were purchased BEFORE my shelter even
opened.  My ferret's were purchased from a breeders using my own money.
But yes, the fees collected for both my dogs and my ferret's when people
purchase them, does go on the shelter bill, because it does need to get
paid off one way or another.  I only breed my dogs when I have a waiting
list.  I will only breed my ferrets next when my original kits are all
sold.  I breed for the betterment of both, I breed my ferrets because I
want healthier ferrets in the world.  I am not satisfied with the ferret
farm's lack of concern with all the health issues that go along with
ferret ownership, and if I can give one person a ferret who has very
little to no major health issues, I am happy.

Laura had made assumptions and many accusations that were unfounded and
untrue.  She read a web page and assumed the worst.  She did not "ask me
questions" but told ME what I was doing with the money I raise for my
shelter.  She told me I was NOT a true shelter.  She told ME ferrets DIE
in my care.  Well, when you run a shelter and take in as many sick
ferrets I did this past year, yes Laura, some are bound to die, no matter
how much medical care I got for them.  I don't know any ferrets, animals
or humans that have lived forever.  Death is a part of life my dear.
Anna Edling is one of the finest vets in our area, she is not only
experienced with ferrets, but is a kind and compassionate person.  But
she is not able to save all the extreme cases I bring to her.  People
sometimes wait way to long before they surrender a ferret, and all the
medical knowledge and support in the world can't save them.  Do all your
ferrets live forever?

In the State Of Pa, you can either be "Non-Profit" having your 501c(3)
status, or a "Not-For-Profit" which is what I am considered.  We do not
have a board of directors and there are 3-4 more areas where we do not
meet the criteria's needed to become 501c(3).  It is not to say in the
future we won't be that, but we can't right now.  We do NOT make money
off of the hard work we do fundraising, and we DO support 37+ ferrets
who are all up for adoption.  This does NOT include my personal ferrets.
Anyone can apply for any of those ferrets in our care.  Our contracts are
written and enforced in the State of Pa.  and are legally binding.  They
were drafted with the help of a lawyer who works with us at no cost.

As alot of smaller shelters ask, if someone want to make a contribution
to me in the form of cash and have it deducted from their taxes, they
can do this via the SOS.  They may also send their money to our vet.  We
don't touch those "cash" donations.

And yes, I purchase items on ebay to sell on my table at the shows.  I
don't have time to run a shelter, take care of 4 children, our house, our
other animals, have quality FAMILY time and make bedding.  I am not a
good seamstress and I rely on others to make the bedding for me.  I seen
nothing wrong with that.  Alot of times I purchase bedding from other
shelters to support them.  Alot of very good shelters out there do the
same thing.  They purchase items to sell on their tables at the shows or
in their ebay stores.  Last time I looked, money does not go on
trees.......the shelters have to earn money some how.  Just because we
take in other people's ferrets, does not mean we have to take a oath not
to purchase anything on ebay or have no money in our savings/checking
accounts.  What planet are you from?  I also purchase bedding for friends
of mine who have seen mine and are not on ebay.  I know how to bid on
things and I have an established ebay account.  Some people do not.  I
don't think I need to justify my every move in order to be a good
shelter, and I am sure other people out there feel the same.  If someone
has a question, simple email me or the shelter in question and ask them.
Don't tie up other people's time by inquiring on a board and slamming
people.  Ask people directly.

You wanted to cause trouble and you saw an opportunity.  All I wanted
to do is to get about 13 boxes of ferret related items to the SOS in
Florida, and this is what I ended up with.  Your slanderous remarks is
what caused me to get upset.  I responded nicely on the front end and
explained my situation to you with our car issue and not being able to
get to the Fedex or UPS drop off places.  You responded back in a not so
nice manner.  YOU then choose to air this on the FML in a public forum.
While doing that, you also slammed other smaller shelters with your
unfounded remarks and comments.  Just because I or any other shelter does
not take YOUR suggestion/comments/advise, does not mean you can take it
upon yourself to wage a war against me or them.  All that time wasted,
you could have been doing something good for someone.......

One good deed (like your CD) does not make you exempt from being nice to
people the rest of your life.  Before you jump to conclusions, look into
things.  Check out, meaning actually going to the shelter first.  If you
have not been there, don't comment.  Don't pass judgments until you meet
someone yourself.  Hear say is not always the truth...........

Now the Case is closed....
Marguerite

Life is not how many breaths you take, but
how many times it takes your breath away...
TinyPrints Ferret Rescue PetFinder Web Page
http://www.tinyprintsontheheart.petfinder.org
TinyPrints Ferret Rescue Store
http://www.tinyprintsontheheart.com/onlinestore.htm
Aloha Ferrets Ebay Store