From:
Francine Prager <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Sep 2005 10:24:17 -0400
A Heartfelt Message to those folks who have volunteered to take in
Hurricane Katrina Ferrets:

We wanted everyone to know how much we appreciate their offers of help.
The ferret community is like no other.

Just to bring you up-to-date on what is going on...we are in a waiting
stage right now.  A few ferrets have started to make their way out and,
for now, are at shelters close by to the disaster area.  Hopefully more
will be surfacing in the coming days, but the real need may not show up
for a few weeks, so please be patient.  Your offers of help are not
being forgotten!

Thank you, once again, everyone...what would we do without you!

Francine

Francine Prager
International Ferret Congress
Volunteer Coordinator