Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Thu, 12 Jan 2006 14:29:36 EST
From:
Rebecca Stout <[log in to unmask]>
When Sean and I went into some pet stores last week, one of them had
bitty ferrets.  Too bitty.  Other ferrets from the same breeder arrived
the same day as these guys at various stores in town.  Yet these were
bitty and the others obviously older.  The store manager says that he
specifically requests them as young as they can come.  Well, then began
the little soft "edjamacation" from me.  Several workers gathered around
Sean and I as I spoke.  In the process I also told him about every ones
efforts to change this nation wide.  He perked up when he heard that (I
suppose he knew at this point it was a serious matter, and that I was not
a fanatic or something).  I spoke about our efforts to change this and
why.  Of course he still had a few ingrained ideas that were in conflict
with what I was telling him, but he was open to most of it.  And I could
see the wheels turning.  Meanwhile the workers were completely captivated
by all that they were learning.  A worker came up with papers from the
large breeder, who looked my way and pompously said that they were
almost nine weeks old ..  showing me birth dates.  I went from kneeling,
smiling, and casually talking ... to standing, frowning, and frustrated.
Because in a flash the manager was like "see".  I said, "take them to a
vet.  Tooth eruptions don't lie.  These ferrets have yet to get canines
let alone anything else.  It is biologically impossible for them to be
older than seven weeks.  You don't have to believe me.  Take them to a
vet".  Silence.

No, I'm not telling you who the large breeder is.  I'm against that.
Because they ALL do this.  Sorry but they do.  And I don't believe one
does it more (ration wise) than any other.  And it's irrelevant who the
breeder was, or who the store was.

It was so sad.  So sad.

So listen, I was curious as to "what now".  I mean what happens now at
this point with APHIS.  Or what is "not" happening.

Wolfy

http://wolfysluv.jacksnet.com
Sean and Rocky Slide show
http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=7222047&uid=3512225