From:
Denise Laxson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Oct 2005 08:50:59 -0700
>From:    Sandi Robinson <[log in to unmask]>
>
>Lil Man has crossed over today.He was 9 yrs,1 month & 2 days old.A
>beautiful silver mitt guy who is the most loving ferret to ever grace
>this earth.Heloved nothing more than to be held like a baby,for hours
>at a time.
>
>And just a few days ago,Tigger & Kit also crossed over on 9/24,
>Eienstien crossed over on 9/23.

It has taken me 3-4 days to be able to gather my thought, words and
emotions on the loss of lil man, kit and tigger.  I was able to meet
these precious ferrets 1 time about a month ago when I travel to Heaven
Scent to adopt a ferret (tuns out I took a group of 6!) and was taken
aback at the whole hospice scene and total dedication Sandi has for all
the ferrets and even more so for the sick babies.  My daughter and I sat
in the hospice room for s short time as Sandy relayed the stories and
history of all the ferrets that she was providing life saving care for
and I can tell everyone out there, Lil man has to be the sweetest little
ferret I have ever met.  My daughter sat on the floor and he laid in her
lap the entire time and brought tears to both of us as we realized how
unfair the world can be not only to humans by animals.  His illness if
anything seemed to make him relish in the fact that we felt so lucky to
sit and hold and give what love we could in our short visit.

Then there was kit, a small balding feret asleep in a hammie under a
dresser, which was her safey zone and again the tears weld up inside of
bothe of us and we realized who lucky we are to not have experienced the
devastating part of ferret life in short 4 years we have had ferrets.

Tigger had just had surgery before we came down and still had stitches in
his little tummy but was also eager to be held.  As I sat at my desk at
work scanning through the FML, I slowing began cying a I read the message
from Sandi asking for a greeting at the rainbow bridge and even though I
was only a 1 time visitor of these babies, my heart breaks for them and
definitely for Sandi who workerd feverously tyring to help these loves
get through another day and I can only image the large part of her heart
that has broken and the empitness and sadness she feels at this all in a
short period of time.  Have no fear Sandi, these little ferrets will be
waiting and dooking wildly when you meet them again some day and all the
love and time you gave to them will be greatly rewarded.  My heart and
prayers are with you!

Denise and her taterbugs:
Beasley, Koda, Kobi, Buckie, Wilbur, Yogi, Tessa, Zoey, Mia, Ziggy, Sugar
Bear, Odie, Snoopy, Nelson, Nibbles, Mio, Gizmo, Sweetie pie and Smoke
missing Bandit, Willow, Rosie and Honey waiting at the Rainbow Bridge.