From:
Susann Thiel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Sep 2005 08:11:06 -0400
Hopefully THIS post won't be totally ignored.  It's too important for the
animals!!

For comprehensive, pet-specific disaster preparedness tips, please see
this URL:

http://www.noahswish.com/Disaster%20Preparedness%20Information.htm

There is a great deal of valuable info here for anyone, but ferrets
are missing from the list!  Noah's Wish is run by Terri Crisp, former
director and founder of the Emergency Amimal Rescue Service.  She is
a wonderful woman whose dedication and vast body of experience with
rescuing animals dates back to the Exxon/Valdex incident and has included
every single major US disaster - floods and hurricanes, wildfires and
earthquakes, even the WTC attack -- ever since.

Will anyone on this list volunteer to contact Terri and give her the info
she'll need to include ferrets on the list?  I don't feel qualified to do
that - I don't have that kind of medical expertise.

Like EARS (www.uan.org/ears), Noah's Wish holds certification courses all
over the country for people who want to be actively involved in saving
animals after a disaster.

EARS will send you as many free disaster preparedness tip sheets and
brochures as you want, to distribute to whomever you want (local and
state officials, friends and family, the media, etc.)

Thank you,
Susann Thiel