From:
DOOK-WOOF-DOOK <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Sep 2005 08:27:33 -0400
I am commenting on two posts from yesterday in one email.

Lump under the jaw, did your vet check the teeth.  Sometimes an absessed
tooth can cause a lump under the jaw.  Since ferrets are prone to alot of
teeth issues, have him check this out also.  Your ferret may need a tooth
extracted.  We had one come into the shelter with this issue and it was a
tooth issue.  She had the tooth extracted, was on antibodics for 7 days
and the lump went away.

Blackheads are pretty simple to get rid of.  I find using stridex pads
work wonders.  I run the pad up and down the tail gently scrubbing the
infected area.  I do this twice a day.  Within about 1 week you will
notice new hair growth.  It usually has to do with the oils in the coat
and alot of ferrets deal with this issue.  Almost like a human face.  I
am sure certain foods, just as in humans, effect this, or is the cause
of these breakouts breakouts.  Ferrets also go through coat changes
naturally which cause this issue.  Any brand of pads will do, I use the
Walmart brand.  Cheap and they work.  Another tip is Dawn Dishwashing
soap.  Wash the infected tail area with that twice a day using a wash
cloth.  Rinse well after washing.  That keeps the area clean and helps
to clear up the blackheads.

M From TinyPrints Ferret Rescue

Life is not how many breaths you take, but
how many times it takes your breath away...
TinyPrints Ferret Rescue PetFinder Web Page
http://www.tinyprintsontheheart.petfinder.org
TinyPrints Ferret Rescue Store
http://www.tinyprintsontheheart.com/onlinestore.htm
Aloha Ferrets Ebay Store