Date:
Tue, 20 Sep 2005 21:43:34 -0700
I'll be taking off shortly to Reno NV to talk with my good friends at the
foot of the Sierra Nevada.  I cannot tell you how much I love the place
out there.  Warm sun, cool mountains, white water, deep blue lakes, the
smell of digger pine, and the sight of juniper against a deep blue sky.
Oh, yeah, ferrets are in there somewhere.  ;-)

Reno is like where 395 intersects with 80 duuude, so it is an easy and
pleasant drive for an afternoon of ferret fun and information.  Come on
out and see if you can stump me with a question, or see what I have to
say about dental disease.  I'll not only let you hold the photos in your
own hands, BUT I'll show you how to recognize the problems in your own
ferrets.  Also, I should be toting a nice surprise for everyone who shows
up.  Bring your vet, and I'll give you two of the surprise things.

I understand the Mustang Ranch is in the area, so that may or may not be
a consideration.  I do know where Lovelock Cave is, and a trip to the
Devil's Postpile is always wonderful.  The area near Lee Vining is
fantastic if you love old volcanos and obsidian (Mono Lake is there), but
a few miles away is a well preserved ghost town, Bodie.  People coming
from California can take a detour down highway 49 and see the type of
gold rush country that I consider my real home.  If you have the time,
take the road from Lee Vining to Yosemite and see some of the most
beautiful scenery on the planet.  On the road up from Lee Vining, pull
over to a canyon-side turn-out, set your parking brake, chock your tires,
and peer over the edge to see eagles and hawks soaring below.  <sigh>

I'll be in Chicago the following weekend, so you can see this will be a
quick drive west and back; not a lot of time for lingering or visiting.
See you in Reno!

Bob C  [log in to unmask]