From:
Yvonne Zoll <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Aug 2005 12:51:09 -0700
1. I love the perseverence of a ferret who wants into that box of fruit
loops.......it doesn't matter how long it takes or how many times you
take the box away, or even where you put the box when you take it away.
They WILL find a way to get to it and they WILL find a way to get it
open.

2. I love the way they follow me around first thing in the morning
begging to be picked up, resorting to faking illness and begging for
pity if need be just to get the morning cuddles and kisses they demand.

3. I love the fact that every ferret (whether he is or not) considers
himself a comedic genius who always gets the last word...usually
involving something they deem "hilarious" such as pooping in the
middle of the freshly-mopped-still-wet kitchen floor, or sharing the
fresh-just-out-of-the-bath-joy by diving straight into the bed and
soaking all of the blankets,pillows, and sheets as soon as they are free
of the tub.

4. I love the way they grab and stash anything from food to toys, acting
as if it is a precious, irreplaceable treasure that the world is after
and they alone have the right to possess.

5. I love the continual run-by ankle and toe nips they will give when
they want to entice you into a game of chase.

6. I love the sound of the "ferret shuffle"...the sound that thier feet
make across the tile floor and how just by the sound of the "shuffle"
you can tell without looking which one of them it is.

7. I love how in the middle of a deep sleep, they can suddenly wake up
with what looks to be the most fierce itch they have ever had, scratch
like a maniac, and then drop right back into that previous deep slumber
as if the itch never existed at all.

8. I love how a 2 pound ferret can chase the 50 pound dog from his food
bowl, empty an entire bookshelf of its contents,dump the trashcan, remove
all the cushions from the couch, clear the entire destop, and hide the
remote all in less than 10 minutes time.

9. I love the way a ferret can wreak mishief and mayhem and in the
middle of it when picked up to be scolded have an innocent, confused
expression on thier faces as if they have no idea what the fuss is all
about.

10. I love the way they are ever curious and make everything seem new
and exciting no matter what it is.