From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 Oct 2005 16:37:36 -0800
Just me two cents,

I doubt if anybody would agree to let him meet their ferrets if they
really care about the welfare of their ferts.  Fish and Game isn't to
be trusted.  They could be up to a sting operation you just never know.
Yes, it is a silly law but believe me it isn't ignored.  It is enforced
at all levels.  If you get a traffic ticket in California and your ferret
is in the car they confiscate the ferret right then and there.  This
isn't a law to be played with.  It isn't like smoking a joint in
Berkeley.

I think the individual should join a nearby ferret club.  There are 3
that I know of within driving distance of Davis.  Golden State (bay
area), the new club, Northern California Ferret Alliance (Dublin) and
Capitol City Ferret Club (Sacramento).  NOBODY should let a person meet
their ferrets without references in the stupid state of California!  It
is just too risky.

Signed,
Hunkered down in the Golden State