From:
Roberta McCanse <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Sep 2005 18:59:25 -0500
Hi,

Cheryl Clark and the Vicksburg 6 have arrived, safe and sound, in Kansas
City.  Cheryl was able to use some help from FEMA to buy a car.  She
drove, straight through Friday night, and arrived late Saturday.  She
blew out a tire somewhere in Arkansas about 3AM but said, when she
called, that the police were helping her.  (Go Police!)

The ferrets are healthy, happy, and have fallen in love with our rice
box.  Cheryl is staying with a friend and comes by daily to visit and
help.  She is looking for housing that will accommodate ferrets.  She
said, as she was on her way out Sat.  evening, "Now I can fall apart.
The kids are safe." But she really hasn't.  When I mentioned that someone
had offered furniture she said, "Oh, I lost all of mine didn't I." Like
many people who have suffered such loss she is still a bit numb.  She
says that the ferrets pulled her through.  This is not over yet but I'm
sure that the ferrets will go on being a source of comfort for Cheryl
and for the rest of us.

Again, thanks for all of the expressions of concern and offers of help.

Bobbi McC.
KC Ferret Hotline and Shelter

PS: Go Chere!