From:
FerretMomJC <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Sep 2005 07:30:04 -0700
"We want out, we want out, we want out........" Tin cans clanking on cage
bars.

Yes, the New Orleans 6 are ready to come out and play, infections
clearing up nicely, strength renewed after several days of sub-q fluids
and bowls upon bowls of soup.

"A BAFF???"........."What's a baff??"

"Water?.......Shampoo?........Oh-oh, we not tink we gonna like dis!!"

"What flea dirt?.....I not gots any flea poopies on me.....but look at
Zoom-Zoom....he loaded wit da stuff......take him 1st"

"Dis be an awful lot to go tru just to come out and play Miss Shelter Mom"

"AAAhhhhhh.....it's wet.......it's killing me........oh, wait, dis not be
so bad.....warm....dis be kinda nice.  Oh ya, rub right dere......Mmmm,
Ferret Glow.......ya, dats right, make my fur all shiney and soft.  Look,
I can swim.....look, dat water not so clean anymore."

And now in addition to being healthier, flea and ear mite free and a bit
chubbier, they're clean too!!  Not all were as thrilled as Zoom-Zoom
though!

Very concerned about any illness they could be carrying and the risk that
could pose to my elderly shelter population, I have built a separate play
room for them, 30" studded walls, a little washable bead board attached
to them, 3" PVC over the top of the walls so they can jump all they want,
but they can't get a grip and pull themselves over and vinyl flooring.
It's quickly thrown together and not fully complete yet, but good enough
for these dear little ferrets who have not been able to stretch their
little legs since the hurricane hit their city.

And they played.....oh how they played.  They ran and danced - it
absolutely brought tears to my eyes to see these little creatures who
were in such terrible shape just last week, now being able to dance
again.  They pushed little jingle toys with their noses and tugged on
stuffed toys with long dangly legs.  And the same ferrets who claimed I
was killing them in the bath proceeded to paddle in the water bowl!!
They didn't last long before their energy gave out and then they sought
out nice clean beds with soft blankies, randomly placed for tired little
hurricane survivors who had the support of the people with very large
hearts in our ferret community.

Still, no word from their family but they know where they are.

Jerri, together with Peanut, Zoom-Zoom, Frenchie, Jaques, Mardi and Bob.