Date:
Fri, 9 Sep 2005 09:36:28 -0700
As I am sure I will be out of town this next week and won't be able to
contribute to the 5000th issue in a timely manner, I will take this
opportunity to contribute my comments and thoughts.

I have been a member here for a few days (sic)

In those few days, I have learned more about ferrets than I thought I
ever could.

I have learned the history about ferrets and became good friends (I
think!  GRIN!!) with a driving fool!  (He likes red cars too..can't be
all bad!  Linda wants to know when you next come to town, what do you
want for dinner!)

I have picked up a signature.  (The Rude One)

I have met folks from around the world, and become good friends with
some.  (Hi Sammy!)

I have met folks from all over North America and made friends with many.
(Hi All!)

I have not been a subscriber long enough to remember the original
moderator, but, I have watched Bill manage this list for a long, long
time, and it never ceases to amaze me how he does it so well.  His job
can be thankless and rewarding, but..it is never ending.  I can well
imagine the time he devotes to keeping the FML running smoothly.  Because
of that, I can read almost every night, a comprehesive list, that is
categorized and numbered.  That may not seem like much, but in my
business, I have to wade through 200-400 emails a day so when I come to
an efficiently assembled and presented list or newsletter, I sigh a sigh
of relief and mutter a thousand thank-you's to the editor/moderator!

Bill..publically, I THANK YOU, for a fantastic job done!  Some day I
will finally meet you and get to shake your hand!

There are many other people I would thank as well, for their tireless
contributions of all kinds to the FML, but the list would be too long
and I am sure I would overlook a few, which I wouldn't want to do.  So
consider this a big thank you, to all of youl....reach around with a
good arm and pat yourselves on the back...you deserve it!

Congratulations to the Ferret Mailing List and Bill Gruber, on their
5000th issue!

MC, The Rude One
(With Artemus, Rudy, Abraham, and Tumbles.  In spirit: Bubba, Billy-Bob,
Garret, Snorkle, Tuzigoot, Squeeks, and Bancho)