From:
Linda Iroff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Sep 2005 20:45:29 -0400
Anon writes
>I think it is a little silly to be thinking about animals and sending
>bedding.  Shouldn't we be helping the pet owners first?  Seems to me a
>human life should have a bit more value then an animal's life.

Many of the same people who help the animal victims are also helping the
humans, while many, many others do nothing at all.

It is a measure of our humanity that we help those who cannot help
themselves, especially our companion animals who give us so much love
and joy.

In the last few days, we've seen heart-wrenching stories of people who
refused to evacuate because they didn't want to leave their pets behind,
of people heartbroken when they couldn't take their pets into shelters
or on buses, of people desperate for someone to look for the animals
they had to leave behind.

We are doing this for those people, as well as for the animals.

Linda Iroff
International Ferret Congress
http://www.ferretcongress.org