From:
Ann Gruden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Sep 2005 23:24:04 -0400
Permission granted to cross post.

I've volunteered to to help IFC populate their database of willing
ferret shelters, temp or permanent ferret housing, pet transport,
ferret specific donations, and, eventually, requests for help for
finding/placing or housing ferrets.  To do that I need volunteers
willing to

a) search out and identify the ever growing number of websites, message
forums, and blogs across the web where folks are posting this information
(first few I know of are cragislist; NOLA.com, and petfinder.com .  I
know there are more - just have not been look for them.  So need someone
who is good at "discovery."

b) need people willing to  committ to monitor a site or sites to:
    1) read through the postings already there to look for the above
    2) report what they find to the IFC coordinators

May eventually need more people to do some follow-up emails to validate
or clarify info - but first, need to find what's out there.

This is a perfect opportunity for anyone looking to help!  Just needs
some surfing time and a "nose" for research.

Most people will post whereever they can or, or wherever a friend or
another shelter can post - and just as likely shelters who know nothing
about ferrets.  And as the need is broad - they could be posting to
general species shelters.  We need to find them and let them know
resources are staged and ready to help.  Sadly, as people begin to have
to leave their immediate, temporary housing, for more permanent housing
(or heaven help those who will be relocated to other states!), the need
to protect the pets they took with them will grow.

In sort, we need to identify people who are offering ferret help or even
more importantly need ferret help!

If you are willing to help, please email me directly at: [log in to unmask]
Please do not be shy!

Thank you for the ferrets!

Ann Gruden
President, FACT, Inc.