From:
Brenda L Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Sep 2005 13:12:27 -0400
Well if nothing else you have proven that the ferret community can come
together when it is needed to save a ferret.  I can not thank you enough
for your generosity and willingness to help in this great time of need.
I do believe there will not be many ferrets that we can help because of
the heat, lack of food and water in the area, but we are staged and ready
to take them in as we get word that they need it.  You will be notified
if they happen to be in your area.  I expect the ones that did survive
will be the ones that left the area with their families.  Renee Downs
is our coordinator with the large disaster relief organizations on the
inside; they have been told that we are ready and waiting.

This is going to be OUR TEST!  if we do not do this professionally, in a
timely manner and with respect to the on hands workers on site we will
not get another opportunity, so please keep in mind that although we may
not understand the reasoning, as long as we are handed the ferret to care
for, take them graciously and with no criticism of the condition.  We can
deal with that at a later date if need be.  We are working to not only
save ferrets we are working to prove to the outside world that we as a
ferret community can be taken seriously and are easy to work with.  With
that said we are ready, all we need now are the ferrets to take in.
Thank you again for being willing to open your heart to help in this
awful devastation.

Brenda Johnson
International Ferret Congress Shelter Coordinator
<http://ferretcongress.org/>