Date:
Thu, 29 Sep 2005 15:33:19 -0600
I recently added two little girls to my business of four.  Two of the
boys get along fine with the new girls; however, my biggest boy and
resident girl will not accept them at all.  Big Mathayus grabs the new
girls by the scruff and shakes them violently- like a terrier with a rat.
There is much shrieking and poop-flying.  So far he hasn't broken the
skin, but I am worried he could hurt them.  He is four pounds and very
strong.  My little girl, Kismet, goes completely bottle-brush and goes
after them, but she is so small that they just break her grip and run
away.  This gets her more worked up and eventually I have to put her
back in the cage so she can calm down.

It has been six weeks now and I have tried swapping bedding, washing
everyone, I even made Mathayus and Kismet spend time in the girls'
cage to get used to their scent - so far nothing has worked.  Is there
anything else I can try?  Is there a chance that, with more time, the
novelty will wear off and Mathayus will quit trying to kill the
newcomers?  If anyone has any suggestions, I would love to hear them.

Dooks to all,
Serena & the Wrecking Crew:
Mathayus, Kismet, Zathrus, Nemo and the new girls: Pandora and Elektra