From:
"Montgomery, Vicki E" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Sep 2005 14:49:52 -0500
Jodi and anyone else fed up with meanies;

I do hope after a bit of time goes by that you will reconsider
withdrawing from the FML.  Your post shows that you are one more person
here that does not like people who have negative things to say.  Maybe if
you wrote supportive comments to them then that would help people who get
blasted by meanies... they are mean... you are nice... now I don't mean
blast the people who blast the meanies but rather support the people who
need a shoulder, especially after being attacked.  You know..  the silent
majority speaking up.

If enough of us are nice, then those hurt by meanies will have a reason
to ignore the meanies...

oh and please do tell us tales of your fuzzies' antics..  I think we all
would love that...

Like ..  hmmm let's start with what's the worse you've even been bitten?
Seems I've seen that talked about here lately... just a bit..

Me - I took in a huge male rescue from the Panhandle of Texas who had
been used as a breeder and apparently severely neglected and abused.
After a few weeks of working with him I reached out to pet him as he
walked by my pallet and he grabbed my index finger near my hand... the
more I tried to pry his jaws loose and the more I tried to get him to let
go the tighter he squeezed and boy could he squeeze hard ( I never knew
my finger could be so compressed).  He never shook my finger, thank my
Lord in Heaven, but geez guys..  it hurt SOOOO BAD... finally I started
to see blackness in front of my eyes and decided that if I didn't want to
faint and be eaten by an angry fuzzy boy that I had to get up and do
something... oh and I'm just not the fainting type... anyway..  I grabbed
him with my left hand as he was securely attached to my right finger and
I stood up, then I walked to the bathroom and turned the light switch on
with my left elbow... I was headed for the bathroom sink..  Now how to
turn on the water... well I finally got the knob to turn again using my
left elbow and magically, almost, he let go... you see Beau was deathly
afraid of water... part of his abuse was to be blasted with a hose to
clean his cage WHILE HE WAS STILL IN IT... but that's another story...
anyway..  I don't how many of you believe in pet psychics or psychics in
general, but, later it was reported to me that a psychic did make contact
with him and he said he was sorry and that he liked it at my house..
whether you believe that or not... He NEVER bit me again... and I think
he actually grew to love me over the next few years... so how badly have
YOU been bitten...

Vicki