From:
colburns <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Sep 2005 16:14:32 -0400
Dear Ferret Folks-

Well, the Governator is running again, and this time he is going to need
the ferret lobby's votes more than he needs the Fish and Game's votes,
I'll bet.  Don't CA ferret people outnumber Fsh and Game?  I sure hope
so.  Because I don't think this election will be the big love-fest that
the last one was.  Maybe this would be a good time to point that out to
him.  And to suggest that the ferret vote could just as easily go to
his opponent, if his opponent is feeling weasel friendly....

Could someone please review for me why he didn't sign the last ferret
legalization bill, wasn't there some technicality he couldn't sign off
on?  Something that could be re-written to make it signable?  I spoke
to a lot of California voters about ferrets when I was out there a few
weeks ago.  They kept saying as long as STERILE ferrets were legal in
California, what's the big deal?  Just don't have folks breeding ferrets
for sale there, ferrets that might be able to breed on their own if they
got loose.  Make importing STERILE ones legal.Make 'em get bred somewhere
else.  Have 'em be pets, big deal.  It's not as if millions of them don't
already live there.

Forgive me if I have said something that those actively lobbying for
legalization in Ca don't like, I honestly don't KNOW what they are
advocating, and if I have offended, it is out of ignorance, not malice.
I'd love an update.

Alexandra in MA
(Until fairly recently, a no-ferret state)