From:
Risa Di Vincenzo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Sep 2005 04:00:57 -0400
She died tonight sometime between 12 midnight and 4 am.  I knew.  Even
talking to her vet today, she didn't know.  I knew.  I invited my Mom
over to hold her, one of Jillie's favorite people in the world.  My Mom
didn't know, I did.  She cuddled her all evening, until I asked her to
leave.  I needed my time with Jillie.  I cuddled Jillie all night, until
12, when I set myself up on the floor beside her in the ferret room.  I
placed Jillie next to me, comfortable on a free-stand hammock and joined
by Mikette, who kept her warm.  It's when Mikette scratched on the door
barrier to get out that I awoke at 4am.  And realized my Jillie was gone.
I had known, but yet my heart ached with despair.

A week ago I would not have believed this.  But it's been a tough week.
But Jillie went gently.  Her paws are not closed tight, they are at rest.
Her eyes are softly closed, she is curled comfortably in sleep.  I gave
you permission to leave my little one, but oh how I wished you could have
stayed.

Jillie and a piece of my heart are now free.

Risa