From:
Joel Cohen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Sep 2005 17:18:15 -0400
We have a 6 year-old female on liquefied Totally Ferret, which we give
her prior to liquid predisone.  She has gotten used to being hand fed
and will not eat the kibble form at all.  That's okay, in her case, and
she has good body weight and condition.  However, one-by-one our other,
healthy ferrets have begged for and gotten fed the liquefied food as
well - and now they won't eat the same food in kibble form, on their
own.  In fact, they won't eat the liquefied food off a dish, but want to
be hand fed.  I feel it is purely psychological - they like getting the
personal service.  If we don't feed them, there is no poop in the pan
next morning, so we are afraid to stop the liquid feeding.  We have tried
four other recommended dry foods and they won't touch any of them, Any
suggestions on how to get them eating kibble again?

Thanks for any suggestions,

Mary & Joel