Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Wed, 21 Sep 2005 07:34:15 -0400
From:
I have been reading about the biting.  Believe me I have been bit many a
time and have never pushed or thrown a ferret.  I remember one we adopted
who had only been in the shelter a week.  He was so darn cute, didn't
bite when you picked him up and came with a little deaf girl.  On the way
home they were in the carrier and I was driving and I foolishly stuck my
finger in his carrier only to be met with a "latch on" of teeth.  I was
in tears.  I could not pull back or anything it hurt so badly.  I was not
mad at the ferret even though I only knew him a short time and did not
scold him.  He was new to us and us to him, he didn't understand that was
the way he played as we were to find out.  He will do it occassionally
now in play but not like when he first came.  I have others that will
bite in play but we just pick them up and talk to them.  I don't believe
in "aggressive" biting therapy and have one it with love always.  Sure
some still bite but only in play and even if they bit viciously I would
never smack, throw, push or whatever to any animal.  Would you do that to
a child that bit you?  No and if you would it would be called child abuse
so these people that are doing that should think about it or not even
have the ferret to start with.  We all need to be more observant of
these facts.

Debbie