From:
eri garner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Sep 2005 04:52:46 -0500
I'd like to send a huge KUDOS to Vicki Montgomery, who runs Tricks &
Treats Rescue in Pasadena, Texas.

Vicki has taken in eight ferrets to foster from the recent New Orleans
disaster -- including one poor little guy who is completely bald from
adrenal disease. =(

If you recall, my husband and I adopted our third fuzzbaby, Tucker,
from Vicki a while back.  The little guy seems very happy in his new,
permanent home; he adores his two siblings, Indy and Pixie (both less
than a year old), and constantly romps with our youngest cat, Fiona.  He
is healthy, happy, and gets plenty of exercise between romping, stealing
food, and tormenting our elderly cat, Felix ("Foo")

As a very happy mom of this rescued fuzzy, and because my husband and I
were VERY pleased with the entire process in dealing with Vicki (she is
very careful about to whom she adopts, and will not break up bonded
ferrets, etc.), I am asking that anyone who can possibly spare a little
bit to send a donation to Vicki to help her pay for caring for these
refugee ferrets.  I am doing this on my own; I did not ask Vicki's
permission to request donations on her behalf -- but I do know that
when we adopted Tucker, she then had over 30 ferrets she was caring for.
Unless she has recently been stampeded with potential adopters, this
probably brings her current total to about 40 ferrets that she is caring
for, fostering, and trying to place in forever homes.  From reading on
all my different groups emails from owners/directors of rescues &
shelters, I know that the financial burden of caring for these little
guys is enormous, and I *know* that she will welcome any and all
donations -- no donations is too large or too small!

Even if you can spare a buck, or five, or ten -- every cent, I'm certain,
will help her keep all of these rescued ferrets healthy, happy, and safe
until they can be placed or returned to their displaced ownees (not
"owners" *G*) who apparently lost everything in the recent disaster.  All
of you ferret owners who have had fuzzies for a while know how expensive
their care can be...and imagine trying to run a rescue with 30-40 of
them!  I know that many of us have felt helpless in the days following
the disaster in the Gulf.  I personally don't like donating to ambiguous
organizations that seem to magically spring up after such disasters --
largely because often the money never seems to get to the people who
really need it in a timely manner.  However, since I have a deep love
for ferrets, and since this awesome woman has helped us merely by placing
one of her longtime residents in our home, I want to return the favor by
trying to help her if I possibly can.  I know that any money she received
will be used specifically for the ferrets in her keeping.

I am not in any way affiliated with Vicki or Tricks & Treats.  I don't
"get" anything for asking for support on her behalf -- except that I am
trying to return the "bread cast upon the waters", so to speak, by
returning the favor she did us by placing Tucker in our home.

If you can help, please send donations to:

Tricks & Treats Ferret Rescue
c/o Vicki Montgomery
323 Brown Dr.
Pasadena, TX 77506
713-472-6599
email: [log in to unmask]
Feel free to contact her with any questions! :)

 ~Eri

For Ferret Lovers in Texas & its Neighbors!