From:
Francine Prager <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Sep 2005 19:11:36 -0400
Vicki Montgomery asked: ... so how badly have YOU been bitten...

Very badly..by my 2 abused pet shop rescues, Dracula and
Vampira...(Dracula has since been renamed Smudge, although he is still
a world class biter.)

Their biting was so severe I had to go the "under the water route" to
make them let go, too.  I finally turned to our "biting expert" TLE who
said the first thing to do was protect myself.  So, since I could not
walk around the house with them loose without being bitten half to death,
I donned boots (snow boots-the only thing I had as I live in NY) and
heavy winter gloves.  Now it was summer, and a hot summer at that, so
there I was, wearing snow boots, heavy gloves and nothing else, walking
around the house while the little biters did their best to get to me.  It
was not a pretty sight ;-).

It is now 3 years later and both have almost outgrown the biting.  Now
they are just biters of opportunity :-).

Francine Prager