From:
Melissa Rotert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Aug 2005 07:15:42 -0700
Right now, all Samurai seems to be communicated to me is, "Mom, WHY did
you let that, that... CANINE... into our house?"  Miss Mina, the almost
8wk lab/rottie/sheperd puppy stays in a kennel during the day while we're
at work.  Samurai stays in his cage.  (Samurai used to have free-roam of
the bedroom during the days, but interior construction has caused him to
be cage-bound until we get all the holes sealed again.) When we let them
out after we get home, watching like hawks, of course, Samurai usually
wants to sniff Mina a little, then he flat-ferrets and gets this
expression that clearly implies my choice of companion is less than
desirable.

It's been a little tough having Sammy and Mina.  We have to be SO
careful, I'm sure that some of Mina's heritage isn't exactly
ferret-friendly, but we're hoping that careful interaction in her early
years overrides that somewhat.  Either way, though, she's just a puppy,
and we have to schedule play time throughout the house.  Sammy gets to
roam the bedroom while Mina plays in the living room, when Mina goes
outside, Samurai comes out to play... It's going to be a long haul.

Now, about that last post in today's FML.  Be careful how you despose of
old PCs?  Dispose of?  People dispose of old PCs?  Oh, wait, most of the
people I know dispose of old PCs by bringing them to me.  If you've seen
the classic 80's teen movie, "Can't Buy Me Love" then you've heard of
an airplane graveyard.  Well, my garage is a computer graveyard.  Only
instead of "Look, you can still see the bulletholes where that P-51 was
hit during a dogfight in WWII" it's, "Look, you can still see the
bulletholes from when Chris got the blue screen of death AGAIN."