From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Tue, 12 Jan 1993 12:49:38 -0500
Chris, anonymous please.

There seem to have been more questions on the FML lately about
what to do about ailing ferrets.  While it's great that there's
a forum like this to raise questions like these, the FIRST THING
YOU SHOULD DO IS CALL YOUR VET!  Ferrets can get very sick very
quickly, and turnaround time on the FML may be too long.  So get
yourself a vet you can trust and who's willing to help you out
at all hours.

We have a great vet who saw us late at night and on weekends when
our Rupert was ailing about a year ago. To top it off, he didn't
even charge us for some of the visits (we were in a couple times
a week for the better part of a month and half). We finally had to
let Rupert go -- failing kidneys, old age, among other things. But
our vet was wonderful and didn't mind leaving the comfort of home
at 9 or 10 at night when we were in a panic.  Too bad I live in a
ferret-free zone (Northern California) and can't list his name.

-- Rikki and Mitts' Dad
RIP, Rupert and Copley