From:
Joanne D'Amico <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Sep 2005 14:16:47 -0400
show -
>" ... I could have reported this woman but she is thought of so highly
>in the ferret community what good would it have done?  The other people
>who were there and saw it didn't think anything of it ....".

I was raised to speak up on behalf of those who were not able to defend
themselves.  So, if you didn't do anything when you could have, you
allowed the problem to continue.  I would have spoken up, not loudly, but
clearly, and followed through with a formal complaint.  IF the others saw
it and did not react, it sounds like what might have occurred is, the
little fuzzbutt nipped, the person snatched their hand back (pain and
surprise) and the fuzzy fell to the floor.  Now is too little, too late.
And in my almost 60 years of not walking away, I have found that when I
speak up, the problem is usually addressed satisfactorily, but when
people DON"T speak up, nothing is fixed 100% of the time ....