From:
Anne Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Sep 2005 06:24:17 EDT
Eri,

Many people don't like to give money directly to shelters these days.
Instead they prefer to give to SOS and IFC, who will in turn help a
shleter in need with vet bills, food, litter, and other neccessities.
Vicki should get in touch with them, I'm sure they will be able to help.
People can also make donations directly to these two charities on behalf
of Tricks and Treats so their donation will go to her shelter.  I almost
never make a donation directly to a shelter, preferring it to go through
one of these two organizations so I can be sure that the cash will be
spent directly for the ferrets.

Too many people out there under the guise of being a shelter who are
actually using funds sent to them by the public for purposes other than
the shelter ferrets in their care.  It's a shame that a few bad apples
ahve to ruin it for everyone.

Anne