From:
Kesrael Vacchon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Sep 2005 01:02:51 -0400
Anakin woke up this morning and was kinda dragging his belly, but moving
his back feet a bit, not as if there is a break or anything, but I can't
figure out what is going on.  A trip to the vet later, blood work and we
still aren't 100% on it.  Suggestions include a) he's developing a bigger
infection that is weakening him a bit b) insulinoma though blood work did
not confirm it c) he fell off a ramp or shelf in the cage overnight and
has some sort of bruise.

I looked up 'ferret paralysis' on dogpile and am finding that it is also
a symptom of ADV, though both of mine have tested negative in the past 6
months and they aren't around any other ferrets besides themselves.  No
one comes into this house who does, either.

I was given pred to start giving him tomorrow if he's not looking any
better and Nancy is going to call me back in the morning.  They weren't
too panicked over this whole thing, though now that I am reading about
the ADV part of it, it is worrying.

Everything else is normal, temp was fine, eating, drinking, normal stools
and such.  He hasn't been losing any weight and his spleen is a bit
enlarged, though not enough to make the vet panic, once again.  Just mild
weakness and the hind leg thing.

Any suggestions or anything?

~Tammy - a.k.a. Kesrael

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wonder are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be the blade that was broken,
The crownless again shall be king."

"May it be you journey on
To light the day;
When the night is overcome