From:
Linda Iroff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Sep 2005 20:18:42 -0400
Kris writes
>It is my understanding that one certain ferret (that was rescued) was
>*placed* *adopted* to a home, before any effort was made to find its
>original owners.

Kris has a very valid concern The found ferret referred to has been
posted on Petfinder with her picture.  Unfortunately, because of the
circumstances of her rescue, we only know that she was found in a
warehouse.  We don't know what kind of warehouse or where it was, so
we have no other way to try to find her original owner.

Someone is monitoring the Petfinder list, looking for matches with found
ferrets.  Most of the Katrina ferrets that I'm aware of were surrenders
(either temporary or permanent) from the owners.

Linda Iroff
International Ferret Congress
http://www.ferretcongress.org