From:
dawnpsmith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Sep 2005 12:20:24 -0400
Many are posting about what they would do in case of emergency of what
their response would be to saving their pets.  Now about three years ago,
where i was living, my next door neighbor distracted my then boyfriend
who left a candle burning on top of the TV set that he went to put onto
the table but the next door neighbor was yelling for him to see
something, so he left the candle where is was and went next door.  Well,
I was coming home from work and saw smoke coming from the side of the
house.  The gel candle he left on the TV stand had gotten hot and burned
through the wood TV stand and set the curtains afire.  My first reponse
was get my dog and ferrets out the of house immediately.  My cages are on
wheels and on the first floor of home near the back door for this reason.
I got them out of the house immediately and then went in and put out the
fire.  Within about 20 mins my boyfriend ran into the house panting.  He
didn't even think about it the fact that the candle could have killed the
animals.  I have since moved and still my ferrets are on the bottom floor
of my house near the back door.