Date:
Wed, 7 Sep 2005 21:31:49 -0700
>Someone mentioned yesterday with all that is going on, that the Judging
>emails are silly.  Well, personally with the dead and dying  humans.....
>mothers, fathers, grandparents, and babies.......I think it is a little
>silly to be thinking about animals and sending bedding.  Shouldn't we
>be helping the pet owners first?  Seems to me a human life should have
>a bit more value then an animal's life.  Don't get me wrong, I love my
>animals and would do anything in my power to save them.  But their are
>alot of humans that are suffering and that need our help also, consider
>helping them also.
>
>[WC]

I hate when people are SO opinionated and criticizing about how other
people should be helping in a tragedy, but they are afraid to put their
own name to it.  Some people choose to help animals.  We shouldnt be put
down for that.  If people are in a position to help, and they help out
any way that they chose... if you're going to try to put people down for
that, at least put your name to it.

Dont you realize that some people left their pets at home, thinking that
they would be able to leave them with food and water, and be able to get
back to them in a few days... but they cant.  THOSE PETS ARE DYING A SLOW
DEATH!!  People want to help them.  Its their perogative on who or what
species they want to help, and SHAME on you for putting them down.

There was talk about shooting people's pets.  I look at my own pets, and
well up with tears at that thought.  People want to help those pets.

Do you know that millions that have stepped up to help people?  That is
absolutely wonderful.  But their pets also need help.

You need to STOP telling people HOW to help.  Who made you God??  Like I
said, any help in this Katrina tragedy is great, and any way that people
choose to help is great, and they shouldnt be put down for it.  I cant
stand it when other people are SO critical and bossy to other people's
kindness.  BIG OL' SHAME ON YOU!!!!!

Andrea