From:
Stephenie Baas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Sep 2005 17:26:18 +0200
As I have sat reading the FML the last week, I cry for the fate of the
people and animals in New Orleans, I wonder how a country that is looked
upon as being one of the most advanced countries in the world and can get
an Amy into Arak in little more than a week, can not get help to their
own people in time to save lives.  As I read I wish I was a millionaire
and could send all the shelters in America enough money to help.  And I
wonder how people can sit and bicker over a ferret show while people and
animals die from hunger and exposure on you're own doorstep.  I don't
partake in ferret shows, I do however organize them.  I don't show my
ferrets because to me they are the most wonderful ferrets in the world
and they don't need to prove it to me or anyone else with a ribbon.  As
long as I love them, who cares?

Maybe a little more compassion for the people and animals that are
suffering and a little les self pity about a ribbon would go a long way
for a country that is looked up to like America.  At the moment some
people on this list are doing their best to help Bush make your country
look very foolish.

Stephenie
Netherlands